Author Topic: =http://www.cheapthunderjerseys.com/]  (Read 98 times)

lxd123456

• View Profile
=http://www.cheapthunderjerseys.com/]
« on: August 22, 2018, 02:16:07 AM »

ISTANBUL, July 21 (Xinhua) -- A military coup attempt was thwarted within hours last week in Turkey, but it may take years for the repercussions to dissipate in a country facing many headaches.

For men in the street, the overthrow bid offered them a chance to show solidarity with the government and love for the country and shook their vision about the future.

"When I learned this was a coup attempt, I didn't hesitate an instant and took to the streets to protect the democracy," said Hasan Kul, a 40 year-old plumber in Istanbul.

Usually on Friday evenings most Istanbulites dine out with friends and relatives at restaurants, coffee shops or pubs to relax and blow off summer heat.

Last Friday night, however, a coup d'etat was staged by a faction in the military, taking everyone by surprise and sweeping soon the metropolis and Ankara, the national capital.

"I had to go out for the good of my lovely country," said Yilmaz Senturk, a taxi driver, who took his eight-year-old son with him to the Bosphorus Bridge linking Istanbul's Asian and European parts.

At the start of the coup, the gendarmerie closed the two bridges over the Bosphorus, leading to clashes with police and later the citizens.

"My son has to learn the meaning of patriotism," said Senturk. "When I was on that tank asking the soldier to surrender, he was watching me from the car."

Thousands more joined Senturk on the bridge, prompting soldiers to open fire and inflict casualties.

Many others also braved the mutineers' tanks to block their advance, or poured into the streets to "protect democracy" as was called for by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

With their country now slowly recovering, many Turks are not sure about the future.

Kul, the plumber, sees an economic crisis as "one of the biggest problems" to emerge, as Standard & Poor's has downgraded its credit rating for Turkey further into "junk" status.

"During the last three days no one knocked on the door," he said. "I have no special expectation for myself in the future."

"Very dark days are waiting for us," bemoaned Guclu Akay, a 50-year-old broker. He spoke of the possibility of an Islamic state to be established in Turkey.

"One word that can describe the future of Turkey is darkness," echoed Ahmet Ravali, a retired journalist. "The same can happen here as it happened in Iran after the 1979 coup attempt."

Yagmur Iscan, a student aged 24, fears as well the establishment of an Islamic state plus the possibility of a bloody civil war engulfing the country.

A decade ago, Turkey was hailed as "a success story" due to its booming economy, proactive foreign policy and progress toward EU membership, noted Aykan Erdemir, a former member of the Turkish parliament.

"Today the country is making headlines for different reasons: Frequent terror attacks, rising polarization, deepening diplomatic isolation and a flagging economy," he wrote for the Hurriyet daily news. "Ankara urgently needs to reverse course."

"We do not have any alternative other than to heal the wounds all together," said Nazan Gurel, a 65-year-old housewife. Enditem

The vitality of world war military records Banducci Staelens
Submitted 2014-03-03 12:15:55 The World War had been one of the most noteworthy events within human history. The World War I and II have been wars which in fact had changed what sort of world operates. The end of the war was followed by the approaching of the Us as soon as the Category of Countries had been mixed. Suppose you've got ancestors which had taken part in the World War Wholesale Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys , how will you trace all of them; how can you have any idea if your ancestors and forefathers had taken portion in the war that had taken the whole world by hurricane? If you are located in Australia, you may have ancestors and forefathers who had part within the World War. You may not know whether they had participated in the first or the Second World War. But Wholesale Winnipeg Jets Jerseys , there are various sources that might be of assist to you. For example, you can find world war military records through online sources including find military records online Australia. If you are asking yourself whether it is important to find military records online Wholesale Washington Capitals Jerseys , here is some important information for you.

First of all, you would obviously really feel more than abided by to be linked to an ancestor that had taken part in a war of such a degree. There is nothing that instils a sense of pride in a human being rather than be associated with individuals who have a high profile standing in the society. As a matter of fact Wholesale Vancouver Canucks Jerseys , the impression is the same even if such folks have already left from the face of the earth. It is possible to treat yourself to a warm feeling of getting related to persons who are characters of your country. Fortunately, there are sources that you can use to trace the actual ancestors that had taken portion in the world war. As indicated before. Residents who're based in Aussie can find world war military records coming from sources such as find military records online Australia or world war military records Australia. You may also use these kinds of sources if you're based exterior Australia but your ancestors had been based in Australia during among the world wars.

Imagine one of world war heroes was finding a post humours prize Wholesale Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys , how can you determine they are linked to you? You might learn about world war characters who are famous for having offered their nation in memorable manner. However, you may not know whether you are linked to them or not. If you want to emerge out of . Cheap Celtics Jerseys   Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys   Cheap Bulls Jerseys   Cheap Bucks Jerseys   Cheap Thunder Jerseys   Cheap Washington Wizards Jerseys   Cheap Golden State Warriors Jerseys   Wholesale Suns Jerseys   Wholesale San Antonio Spurs Jerseys   Wholesale Toronto Raptors Jerseys